Oxygen Staff Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

My "Aha" Moment

Sometimes, when you achieve something you’ve worked long and hard for, the reality of that success can take a while to sink in. When it finally hits you, you’re blindsided with overwhelming feelings of accomplishment and pride. I believe this is what is known as the “aha” moment – that moment when you realize “I did it!”

Mine came during my photo shoot for our upcoming Oxygen Fat Loss special issue (you can pick it up on January 4!). I was posing under the lights, my makeup done, wind in my hair. The camera was clicking away, but something in me wasn’t clicking at all.

That’s when the image of my “before” picture flashed through my mind – a snapshot of an unhealthy, unhappy girl who lacked confidence in herself. Up until that point, I don’t think I had really believed I’d come this far. (When you see my “before” photo on page 96, you won’t believe it either!)

But there I was, doing a real magazine photo shoot for a story about my weight-loss journey – and I started believing! After that moment, my eyes lit up, my shoulders relaxed and I started workin’ it. Our photographer said, “What just happened?” I said, “I just figured it out.”

So, take moments now and then to celebrate your successes, even the small ones, and never stop trusting in yourself and what you’re capable of. You’ve come this far, so start believing and get workin’ it!

I’d love to know, do you take the time to pat yourself on the back now and then? How do you celebrate your achievements?

1 comment: