Oxygen Staff Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a new year and a big day!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fun and festive holiday season!

Well, at long last, the big day has finally arrived. Despite this being the first morning in a week that I was awake before nine, I bounded out of bed at dawn like it was Christmas morning. Our new Fat Loss special issue hits newsstands today!

I can't think of a better way to kick off 2011. Many people consider the New Year to be a fresh start - an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and begin anew. But for me, this New Year, this issue, are just milestones in my journey to becoming a better me through health and fitness.

I'm so excited to share my personal story with all of you and get some of your feedback. My hopes are that some of you will be able to relate to my struggles and maybe even be inspired by my success. If just one reader out there looked at my before and after photos and believed she can do it too, that would be the greatest reward!

So run out today, grab your issue of Fat Loss and get working towards meeting your goals, keeping your resolutions and making your dreams a reality. Let us know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kirstyn,
    I couldn't wait to purchase the new Oxygen Special: Fat Loss. The first part that I read was about your story. I was excited and thrilled as ever. I always look forward to my oxygen magazine as I have a monthly subscription and I can't wait until the oxygen specials are out on the newstands so I can purchase them.

    Great job on your journey to health and fitness!! Your story is very inspiring!

    I look forward to reading your posts. Thanks so much for all that you share and all that you do for Oxygen. You have impacted my life in a great way and I'm sure you are changing other people's lives as well.

    Keep up the amazing work that you do!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both for the wonderful comments! It means so much to me that my story is reaching women and inspiring them. Your support and encouragement have made my day!

    Pandi - I wish you all the best with your fitness goals for 2011. I know you can do it! I'm a bit taller, yes. Almost 5'8".

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirstyn...

    I'm shocked, you look amazing. I haven't talked to you in ages.

    All the best.

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOU beautiful girl!!! So proud of you and can't wait to see you! Keep inspiring! You're amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choose a heavy-based pressure cooker so the food doesn’t cook onto the base. Modern pressure cookers are easier and safer to use than traditional models. It’s best to choose a stovetop model since electric ones have fewer safety features and tend to operate at lower temperatures so the food can take longer to cook...Cooking Equipment

    ReplyDelete