Oxygen Staff Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few of my favorite (fitness) things

The only thing I like more than hearing myself talk is hearing myself talk about my favorite fitness-related finds (sarcasm somewhat implied). Here's a list of my top five must-haves when it comes to moving my body; feel free to share your own!

1) My eclectic iPod playlist. Where can you find Phil Collins, Marilyn Manson, Alexisonfire and the mellow sounds of Cat Power? Why, on my iPod Shuffle, of course! I literally never leave home without it, and if I do, my demeanor is just not the same.

2) My slick Nike cycling shoes. They are pink. I know of no one else who has pink cycling shoes, so that alone is reason enough for me to love them. Bonus: I bought them brand new for under $30 on ebay. (My inner cheapskate rejoices every time I think of that steal.)

3) My economical laundry-soap bar. Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but hear me out: I go through a lot of workout tops and shorts, so to save time and water, I wash them in the shower before I scrub myself. Weird? Yes, but my laundry pile has never been smaller, which makes me one very happy weirdo.

4) My aluminum water bottle. I will admit - I am sometimes a scatterbrain. There was a period of time last year during which I lost upward of three water bottles within four weeks. Luckily, I have managed to hang onto the latest one for almost two months. It's a personal record that I am embarrassed to be proud of.

5) My library of fitness videos. Sometimes I just can't make it all the way to the gym, especially if Ontario's weather isn't agreeing with me or if TCM is playing Arsenic and Old Lace (seriously, it's a great movie). That's when my shelf of fitness DVDs comes in handy - once my television screen fades to black and I realize I've missed out on my gym's open hours, I can pop in one of my favorite instructors and still get an excellent workout from the comfort of my living room (most likely to the chagrin of the people living below me - plyo intervals tend to feature heavily in my DVD line up).

No comments:

Post a Comment