Oxygen Staff Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Be Fit and Healthy!

Welcome to my blog!

I’ve re-written my first post about 37 times, trying to figure out how to introduce myself to you, so here goes: My name is Kasia and I’m the health editor here at Oxygen. Each month, I get the opportunity to explore a health issue that is important to active women like you – and that’s definitely my favorite part of my job.

Why?

Well, I don’t know about you, but I cringe every time I see a trashy celebrity magazine on the newsstand that screams with a headline about the latest Hollywood starlet who dropped 25 pounds by eating nothing but beets, or by wearing the latest torture device slimming garment that keeps her sucked and tucked in (but can she breathe?).

To me, fitness is about more than just looking good. It’s about being healthy, feeling strong and knowing that the choices I make to jump on the treadmill, eat a balanced meal or break a sweat in the weight room don’t just impact my “muffin top”: they contribute to a longer, healthier and better life.

Less stress. More energy. Reduced risk of disease. That’s what it’s all about.

So, let me ask you a question.

You’ve probably thought a thousand times about your fat loss goals. But what are your health ambitions for the rest of this year?

Do you want to become more mindful, lower your blood pressure or get your heart health on track?

I’d love to hear from you! Let me know what’s important to your lifestyle, and which health issues you’d like to explore together.

I’m up for discussing anything – as long as it doesn’t involve a pair of Spanx.

3 comments:

  1. My goal this year is to try new recipes that are made from natural ingredients. I've been blessed to where my body does not like a lot of the processed foods and in turn caused me health issues. It makes healthy eating a lot easier on me! I can take raw foods and eat them alone and be okay, but now I want to spice things up and find some great combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great goal, Christal! I'd love to hear if you have any favorite recipes that use natural ingredients. Bonus points if one of them includes almond butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal this year is to compete. I'm signed up for bikini in fitness new england. i hired cathy savage as my coach to complete this goal too. im a personal trainer, ive always eaten clean ( love tosca) and worked my tail off. so this is the next step for me! if you want to follow my progress you can check out my site www.thegetinshapegirl.com

    but you are right.. everyone needs some realistic goals to keep them going and keep them away from all those stupid "easy way out" diets, tricks and pills which we all know don't work anyway!

    ReplyDelete