Oxygen Staff Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Abs in 2 months!

Have you picked up our latest Abs special issue yet?

In it, you’ll find an incredibly effective meal plan called “Drop 24 pounds in 8 weeks.” Created by sports dietitian Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD, this plan can help you shed anywhere between 5–24 pounds of body fat, not just water weight.

Although I don’t have a lot of weight to lose, I’ve been following the basic tenents of the plan – lots of protein and healthy fats, and few carbs – for the past two months now, and my stomach has never looked flatter. I can’t report that I’m sporting a six-pack yet, but with that extra layer of belly fat gone, my motivation to hit the gym to etch out some abs definition is flying high.

As for the author of this plan, Susan is an authority on eating for strength and bodybuilding, and has been on our advisory board for years. She’s my port of call when I need the final say on anything food-related.

Convinced yet? Pick up your copy of our Abs special today. You won’t be disappointed, promise.

Now, time to eat my mid-afternoon abs-friendly snack: a hardboiled egg with salsa. (Spoiler alert: You’ll be eating one egg per day on this plan!)

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to trying this!
    So far, the breakfast and lunch for day 1 have kept me pretty full :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the eggs and healthy fats, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I'm definitely picking up the Abs issue - I gotta get back in shape after having a baby!

    ReplyDelete